Using the NEC Softphone Client – Watch Video Below
The NEC Softphone Client SP310 Softphone unifies communications by embedding voice into business processes to bring employees the real-time communications and information they require. With the SP310, employees will have the communications tools they need to work efficiently and productively, whether they’re in the office or on the road.
The SP310 Softphone is a versatile, multimedia IP phone that is installed on a personal computer (PC) or laptop and delivers high quality voice via a USB-connected headset/handset. It provides the full functionality and features of a regular desktop phone, plus advanced multimedia applications. Designed to meet the needs of any employee, it can be used as a primary desktop telephone, a supplemental desktop telephone or a remote/telecommuting device.
Enhanced Functionality through the Desktop Terminal
The SP310 can be set up to send calls from the PC’s Softphone to the user’s desktop terminal. Through this feature, all of the UC Desktop Client’s functionality is available to the user even through the desktop terminal.
The SP310 resides within the computer; so no additional equipment is needed to access all of its features from anywhere you can connect to your corporate network. It’s like taking your desktop phone with you. Even while on the road, a high-speed Virtual Private Network (VPN) Internet connection can be used to interact via voice, audio, video or text.
Share Real-Time Information and Ideas
Share real-time information and ideas from a PC or laptop with the versatile SP310 Softphone. When linked together across an NEC IP network, SP310 users can collaborate and interact with each other in an exciting variety of ways:
• Audio and videoconferencing allows for easy set-up and participation in conference calls
• Presence provides the status of the party users are trying to reach before placing a call
• Application sharing permits users to share files through peer-to-peer and conference call environments, and are synchronized between all participants
• Whiteboard allows users to review, create and update graphic designs in real-time
• Instant Message/Chat enables users to correspond in real- time in either a peer-to-peer or broadcast arrangement while engaged during a call or not
• File Transfer provides an easy method to send one or more files while in a call by simply selecting the file and dropping it into a person’s participation file
• Call Log enables the storage of information about outgoing/ incoming calls, missed calls as well as recorded call files
Additionally, a plug-in is provided for Microsoft Office Outlook which ensures that accessing its features is painless.